PrivacyAGC FLAT GLASS (THAILAND) PLC.
The Fundamental Principles of Protection of Personal Information
AGC Flat Glass Thailand Public Company (hereinafter the AGC), complies with laws and regulations related to the protection of personal information and its Personal Information Protection Policy established here below, and takes the utmost care in handling such information, to maintain trust in AGC and meet expectations of society.
I. AGC Personal Information Protection Policy
AGC recognizes the essential importance of the proper and adequate protection of personally identifiable
information of individuals, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers etc., of our customers, business
partners, and all other parties concerned with our business operations (hereinafter Personal Information).
Recognizing its social responsibility, AGC hereby establishes the following basic policies (hereinafter Policy)
to comply with laws and regulations with respect to the protection of privacy and Personal Information:
1. When AGC collects any Personal Information, AGC will specify the purpose of its use, and will collect the information through the fair and legal means.
2. AGC will use Personal Information only for the business purpose that we have indicated when collecting If AGC wishes to use Personal Information beyond the original purpose that we have indicated, AGC shall obtain an approval from the individual to whom such Personal Information relates (hereinafter "Owner"), except as allowed by relevant laws and regulations.
3. When handling Personal Information, AGC will appoint an appropriate person who is responsible for the protection of Personal Information within AGC, and shall strive to strictly manage Personal Information to prevent its illegal access, loss, falsification or leakage.
4. Unless otherwise authorized by the Owner or allowed by relevant laws and regulations, AGC will not provide Personal Information to any third party. In addition, when providing such Personal Information to any third party as authorized or allowed above, AGC will execute an agreement with the third party or take any other measures that obligates the third party to be responsible for the management of the Personal Information to be provided, thereby preventing its leakage to any other party or other misuse.
5. AGC will promptly respond to requests to disclose, correct, add and/or delete Personal Information from the Owner, to the commercially reasonable extent.
6. AGC will comply with relevant laws and regulations with regard to the protection of Personal Information, and also constantly review its implementation of the Policy, and strive to make further improvements.
7. AGC will completely inform of this Policy to all of its directors, officers and employees (including temporary staffs) as well as other concerned parties, to ensure that each of them understands the importance of the Policy and conducts him or herself in an appropriate manner to follow the Policy.
II. Purpose of Collecting Personal Information
AGC shall use any Personal Information only for the purposes of providing or improving the products, services and relevant information of AGC and/or its affiliated companies (hereinafter "Group"), and to respond to inquiries made by the Owner of Personal Information. (If the purpose of use of Personal Information is shown by each service category, AGC uses such Personal Information in accordance with the above purpose.) If AGC wishes to use Personal Information for any other purpose than those defined above, AGC shall disclose the purpose of use when collecting such Personal Information.
III. Procedures for Requesting Disclosure, Correction, and/or Deletion of Personal Information
Following is the outline of request procedures on Personal Information that AGC has collected. With regard to the specific procedures, please contact the service division to which you have provided your Personal Information.
* Please contact Data Protection Officer (DPO)of company if you have not been informed which division should be approached for your Inquiry.
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Tel. (02) 815-5000
(1) Submitting requests
If you wish to request the disclosure, correction and/or deletion of your Personal Information, please contact
the service division to which you have provided the Personal Information. AGC will send you the request
form. Please fill in the form and return it to us by postal mail. In order to prevent potential leakage of the
Personal Information, only requests made by the Owner of Personal Information will be accepted, except in
case of the request being made by his or her legal representative.
(2) Documents to be included when submitting a request
In order to confirm that the individual submitting the request is in fact the Owner of Personal Information,
please submit to us a copy of your driver's license or official residence certificate, along with the request form.
(3) AGC procedure for answering your request
After receiving your request, AGC will confirm the content of the request, and thereafter will send a
response to it directly to you, the Owner, by postal mail. Please understand that in case AGC is unable to
confirm the identity of the individual submitting the request, we may decline to answer the request. In
addition, we ask for your understanding that while AGC will make efforts to respond to requests promptly, it
is however possible that such response may take some time to ensure its accuracy.
IV. To Make Inquiries about Your Personal Information
For other inquiries regarding your Personal Information, please contact the service division to which you
have provided your Personal Information.
* Please contact from this page if you have not been informed which division should be approached for your
In some services, the Company uses "cookies" on its website. The purpose for their use is to be able to
statistically analyze accesses to the website and otherwise work to provide improved services to you. The
addition, the Company will never publicly disclose information about individuals accessing the website in
such a way that could be used to distinguish the personal identity of an individual.
* Cookies: a technology that allows a website to track subsequent requests from a given computer to it.
VI. Access Logs
On the website, the Company records, in the form of an Access Log, basic information on computers that
access the website. The information recorded in the Access Log contains the IP address, web browser, type
of operating system, date and time of access, etc. However, this is not used in connection with Personal
Information in any way. You can rest assured that there is no way for the Access Log to be linked to any of
your Personal Information.
VII. Protection of Personal Information on Websites Linked to the AGC s Website
In some cases, the Company's website may include links to websites other than that of the Company or the
Group. The Company takes no responsibility with regard to the protection of Personal Information or the
contents on any website linked to the Company's website other than its own website or those of Group.